Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ina's Cheesecake

Well, I did it! All these years I've been nervous about making cheesecake from scratch. It is the most successful thing I've made since I've started this blog. Well the cheesecake and the Coqau Vin the other night. When I first started to read the recipe I gasped because I forgot that I would need graham crackers for the crust and we had just gotten home from Wegmans. Well, my dad had bought some vanilla wafers so I figured, why not? Gotta use something else. I was shocked that it called for 5 packages of cream cheese. Yep!

But after all the mixing of the cream cheese, sugar and 5 eggs + 2 egg yolks I realized why. It was so silky, smooth and delicious! It came out perfect!! Plus, it didn't crack in the middle! Amazing. It's always such an encouragement having success in the kitchen. This was definitely a high point in my day. :)

Take care!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment