Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day :)

For Valentines Day this year my parents and I have decided to throw a party! :) A couple of weeks ago I was getting the usual Valentines' Day blues but I've learned one thing. That is to not hate the holiday. It doesn't matter if you do or don't have a significant other. Valentines Day is to show love to anyone who is special to you. A sibling, parent, friend, etc. Who cares about the commercial aspects of it? The world does that with every holiday, I believe.

For our menu we've decided on the following,

Spare Ribs
Twice baked potatoes
Broccoli and Cauliflower with cheese sauce
Salad with mixed greens


Dessert
Ina's Cheesecake that I made yesterday! It came out perfect and I am sooo happy about it.

Of course we have many drinks to choose from :) My family and I love to entertain. This holiday was the perfect excuse to do so and to decorate the house. My mom did a great job with the decorating. We're sending our guests home with goodie bags that includes a homemade chocolate bark and some cookies. :)

From now on if I'm still single for other Valentines Days to come I'm making a promise to myself to not get discouraged. Sure it is important to show love to one another all year round but Valentines Day is just another holiday. A day to show extra love to the ones you care most about. It doesn't have to  involve a significant other.

Take Care!
--Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment