Well, yesterday 1/29/10 I made Ina's Tequila Lime Chicken. It was very tasty. Unfortunately though, I ended up putting the marinade together that morning. She said to marinade it overnight which definitely would have given it even more flavor. I absolutely love grilling in the winter. When you come outside in the bitter cold but can smell the chicken on the grill... YUM!
I definitely think my sister and her husband would love this meal. My dad made potato wedges and a vegetable to go with the meal. Very satisfying.
Here is the recipe for you to make it at home if you'd like :) Her recipes can also be found at
Tequila Lime Chicken
Copyright 2002 Barefoot Contessa Family Style
Cook Time:15 min Level:Easy Yield:6 servings
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on